G. Barton Chucker
- Richmond, Va
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
To: G. Barton Chucker
Bart Chucker is a trial attorney who is known throughout the Virginia legal community as an expert in the area of traffic and drunk driving law. For over two decades, Mr. Chucker has defended individuals in thousands of traffic and drunk driving violations. Mr. Chucker is respected by local attorneys, judges, prosecutors, and police officers. In recent years he was named to Virginia's Legal Elite and recognized as a Virginia Super Lawyer. Mr. Chucker serves as special co-counsel to the Courts of Justice Committee for the Virginia House of Delegates. As special co-counsel, the members of the committee rely on Mr. Chuckerâ€™s legal advice when crafting new traffic and criminal laws. Mr. Chucker also teaches traffic and drunk driving law to Virginia lawyers and judges in the fulfillment of their mandatory continuing legal education requirements. He is a long time faculty member of the Virginia Law Foundationâ€™s Drunk Driving and Serious Traffic Offenses continuing legal education program. Mr. Chucker regularly speaks at Virginia judicial conferences to help update judges on developments in traffic and drunk driving law. As a result of Mr. Chuckerâ€™s experience, his opinions and input are sought by legal and non-legal periodicals regarding changes in traffic and drunk driving law.
Mr. Chucker defends individuals charged with traffic infractions, including speeding, failure to obey a highway sign, and running a red light, and traffic crimes, including, reckless driving, drunk driving, hit and run, and eluding a police officer.
- Mr. Chucker is a published author in the area of DUI and traffic law
Defending DUI Cases in Virginia: A practical approach
Areas of Practice:
- Traffic and Drunk Driving Law
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, 1989 J.D.
- Law Journal: St. Mary's Law Journal, Senior Associate Editor, 1988 - 1989
- University of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia, 1986 B.A.
- Honors: President, Student Government Head Resident
- Faculty, Drunk Driving and Serious Traffic Offenses, Continuing Legal Education Program, Virginia Law Foundation, 2002
- Mr. Chucker teaches approximately five to ten times a year in the areas of traffic law, drunk driving law and recent legislative developments
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Virginia State Bar, 1989 - Present
- Richmond Bar Association, 1989 - Present
- Richmond College Alumni Association, 1990 - 1994
- Board of Directors
- Judiciary Committee, 2004 - 2008
- Finance Committee, 2009 - Present