Spotsylvania County Traffic LawyersÂ
At Chucker and Reibach, we are committed to vigorously defending our clients who are charged with traffic offenses in Spotsylvania County, Virginia, including DUI?DWI cases, complex reckless driving charges and speeding tickets.Â Our experienced attorneys have been defending people charged with DUI, reckless Driving, speeding, and other traffic charges in Spotsylvania County for the past 15 years.Â As a result, we have built a tremendous professional reputation among the Spotsylvania judges, deputy sheriffs, state troopers and Commonwealthâ€™s Attorneys (prosecutors).Â Â Â
Experienced Traffic Attorneys â€“ When It Matters MostÂ
If you or someone you know has been charged with a traffic offense such as DUI, reckless Driving, or speeding it is important to choose the right law firm in Virginia.Â Rather than choosing just any law firm, you should choose one that makes it their business to know the various defenses in traffic cases and has lawyers who have spent a lot of time in front of the local judges and know the local police officers and prosecutors. Â For example, a lawyer familiar with handling Spotsylvania County Reckless Driving cases should be aware that the Commonwealthâ€™s Attorneyâ€™s Office does not participate in cases where the speed is less than 100 mph.Â Since there is no prosecutor, it is imperative to know what issues can persuade the Spotsylvania County judge to dismiss the charge or reduce the charge to something less serious than Reckless Driving.Â Â Â
Our attorneys have spent the last fifteen years becoming extremely familiar with handling traffic cases in Spotsylvania County, and weâ€™re ready to bring to bare that knowledge and skill set to achieve the best possible result for you.Â We realize that traffic cases can have a very profound impact on our clients, their driving records, and in many instances, their jobs.Â With consequences such as suspended driverâ€™s license for going too fast or mandatory jail sentences for first offense DUIs, we understand that many people need quality legal advice and representation on these matters.Â Weâ€™re here to help! Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our experienced lawyers.Â
Our law firm focuses on:Â
- DUI Defense:Â Since we primarily focus our practice on representing clients charged with DUI and traffic offenses, our attorneys have extensive experience in identifying legal defenses in DUI cases.Â We also pride ourselves on remaining on the cutting-edge of constructing new and creative legal defenses never used before by other attorneys.Â Our law firmâ€™s role as attorneys for the General Assembly as they draft and pass new DUI laws puts us in a very unique position to constantly seek out and identify arguments that help our clients in DUI cases.Â
- Reckless Driving by Speed:Â Many people are surprised to find out that reckless driving by speed in Virginia is a Class 1 Misdemeanor rather than a basic traffic infraction as it is in most states.Â That means that anyone going 20 mph or more over the posted speed limit, or over 80 mph (even in a posted 70 mph zone) can be charged with and convicted of a Class 1 Misdemeanor.Â In addition, a reckless driving conviction can, and often does, have very significant effects on the personâ€™s driving record, their ability to maintain a valid driverâ€™s license and their auto insurance rates.Â Our lawyers have the legal and practical knowledge to help you get your reckless driving charged dismissed or reduced in Spotsylvania County, VA.Â
- Reckless Driving (Accident):Â Having an accident can be a scary and traumatic experience for many.Â Often, the fear of the accident is made worse when a police officer, local deputy sheriff or state trooper issues a summons stating you are being charged with reckless driving.Â The consequences and effects of a general reckless driving charge are the same as those defined in reckless driving by speed.Â Fortunately, there are several legal defenses available to an attorney who is very familiar with this area of the law.Â Consequently, choosing an attorney who dedicates most of their time and practice to traffic law is very important. Our attorneys pride themselves on devoting an overwhelming majority of their practice to defending people charged with reckless driving and other traffic offenses.Â We know the legal defenses, and use them everyday to help people avoid the devastating effects of a reckless driving conviction.
- Speeding Tickets: Our traffic lawyers are happy to provide you with no non-sense advice on whether you should hire an attorney or pre-pay your speeding ticket.Â Our attorneys frequently handle speeding cases for clients in Spotsylvania County, often getting their cases dismissed so they can maintain a clean driving record and/or prevent their auto insurance rates from increasing.Â
- Driving on Suspended or Revoked License: We are ready to help you identify the reason your driverâ€™s license is suspended and guide you through the process of getting your license reinstated.Â In many jurisdictions, including Spotsylvania County, the result of your case will be substantially better if you are able to get your license reinstated prior to your court date.Â For individuals who may not be in a position to get their license reinstated, we are extremely familiar with the legal defenses in cases involving driving on a suspended driverâ€™s license.
- Hit and Run:Â Our traffic attorneys have successfully defended numerous clients against hit and run charges. The penalties may result in a non-jailable misdemeanor charge or a felony, depending on whether somebody was injured or the extent of any property damage.Â
We also handle other traffic-related matters such as license restoration for habitual offenders and CDL restoration for commercial truck drivers.
The Spotsylvania traffic lawyers at Chucker & Reibach have years of experience helping clients charged with traffic offenses. Our lawyers are prepared to provide you with straightforward legal advice on your pending traffic or criminal charge. We look forward to speaking with you about how we may help!
Call (804) 355-8037 to speak with one of our experienced attorneys to discuss your DUI, Reckless Driving, Speeding, or Driving on a Suspended License case today!